Come grow with us! Join a nonprofit organization designed to make a difference, positioned to change the future, and ready for talent like yours. If you are willing to take the initiative, we have an opportunity for you to connect with a small, tight-knit team that’s driven to make a positive impact on the community.
To serve as the central hub coordinator of Foundation activities and interactions. To curate positive experiences for Foundation donors, nonprofit and community partners, affiliate organizations, board and committee members, visitors, internal team members, and others.
To be part of a team that is ready to invest in your professional development and interests, with opportunities to grow within our organization.
- Provide exceptional donor services: communicating with donors, managing their profiles, maintaining donor records
- Serve as the Foundation liaison and administrative lead for philanthropic Giving Circles
- Support the Development Director with donor and partner stewardship efforts
- Oversee Foundation policies, procedures, and records, in cooperation with the COO
- Ensure a productive and efficient office atmosphere by managing office needs, internal event coordination, and organizing meeting preparation
- Serve as the ambassador for the Foundation by welcoming visitors, answering or referring inquiries, and ensuring the office reception areas are ready to attend to guests
- Customer service orientation and ability to respond to donors, staff, and stakeholders with sensitivity, patience, enthusiasm, and timeliness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a professional team with a positive, flexible, and proactive attitude.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of professionalism, while consistently maintaining discretion and confidentiality.
- Highly organized with the ability to complete tasks with great attention to detail under tight deadlines.
The essential qualifications for this role are drive, initiative, and the ability to build strong relationships both inside and outside the organization, but the experiences below may also be helpful:
- Associate’s degree or a combination of related experience and education
- One to three years of administrative support in business or similar environment
- Demonstrated skills in organization, prioritization, and project management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in managing a customer relationship management (CRM) database a plus
Status: Full Time with benefits
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Development Director
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Meagan Niese at email@example.com.