This scholarship honors the legacy of Camisha R. Sims, a dedicated nurse who cared selflessly for others and pursued excellence in her field with passion.
ln her own words, Camisha was “always a nurse,” and her dedication led her to spend her life caring for patients and our community through her service in healthcare. This scholarship award is designed to support students who need financial assistance to pursue their goals of becoming a nurse like Camisha.
Ideal candidates will be:
- A student of color pursuing any level of nursing or similar healthcare-related field
- Students with a proven, successful academic career, including obtaining a high school diploma or equivalent
- Priority will be given to students already enrolled in a nursing program, though incoming nursing students may be considered as well.
- Students demonstrating financial need to pursue their education
- Applicants must be residents of Monroe County, Indiana
- Enrolled or will be enrolled in a nursing program. Eligible nursing programs include pursuit of one of the following credentials in a nursing field:
- Diploma of practical nursing
- Associate’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree
- Doctoral degree
Applicants will submit an application with required documentation including:
- Most recent academic transcript
- Student Aid Report from FAFSA application to demonstrate financial need
- Essays describing why the student is pursuing a career in nursing and how the scholarship will benefit them
- Two reference letters (one academic, one non-academic)
- Letter from school official verifying enrollment in nursing program
Deadline to apply is May 1, 2023 at 11:59pm.
Questions? Contact Marcus Whited at [email protected] or call the Community Foundation office at 812-333-9016.