“Tom Moeller was best known for his musical talents, which were immense, but he was so much more than a musician. Besides his obvious innate gifts of talent and intelligence, Tom was determined and persistent. A door would close in his face so he would knock on another one. He would continue knocking until one opened for him. In the meantime, Tom would be opening doors for anyone else who needed a hand.” ~ Susanne Houshmand
Click HERE to access the online application for the Moeller scholarship for 2021. Deadline will be 4/15/2021 at 11:59pm.
Purpose: To provide music scholarships/grants to high school students – grades 10 to 12 who reside in Monroe County and wish to pursue music endeavors. Examples of expenses eligible for this scholarship award include, but are not limited to, rental or purchase of a musical instrument, music lessons, fees for musical competition, recording projects, vocal lessons, tuition for music camp (college tuition/fees for music and/or music education major may be considered)
- High school student – grades 10 to 12
- Monroe County resident
- Clear direction towards music or music education profession
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
Components in online application
- Brief statement describing your musical career goals
- Brief statement on what you are requesting this scholarship for (example – to purchase musical instrument or camp registration, etc.)
- Brief statement of financial need (why you need this scholarship)
- One page essay describing how this scholarship/grant will help you achieve a goal you might not otherwise achieve
- 2-3 letters of support; at least one from music teacher/instructor (school or private) and one from employer, minister, volunteer coordinator, club sponsor, etc.
- School transcript
Scholarship recipients will be chosen from applicants based on:
- the applicant’s desire to seek a music profession (particular attention given to applicants seeking music education)
- demonstrated initiative
- demonstrated talent
- financial need may be a consideration
Award Amount: Up to $900.00.